Sunday, July 3, 2011

Safford :)

Hey Ya'll!
I'm down here in Sunny Safford, Arizona. It's hot as hell down here, so if you don't like temps over 100 degrees, stay away. Visitation was pretty typical. The guards tried to make me change my sweater because it was "see through". I begged and pleaded, telling them that I had worn it before, and they let me have my way :) I didn't realize until after I pled my case, that I was totally lying. Whoops. My bad. This happened before we even went through security.
So, as usual, my underwire in my bra set off the alarm, so I had to be patted down by a female guard. It's a whole new group of guards today, which apparently means a whole new set of rules. We are going to just name this guard "grumpy". Later on in the day, Eric and I watched her for awhile. She never smiles. Grumpy patted me down and then warns me, saying if I set off the alarm tomorrow, I will be sent to the back of the line. Is it my fault that I was blessed with a rack that demands an underwire? I see no harm in this.... Whatever.
I was a little unsettled to see that the orange juice prices has spiked, it is now twice the price. I had known, a few weeks ago, when they started selling the juice for a dollar, that it was too good to be true. Not only this, but they only had two bottles of it in the vending machine. Total crap. Eric loves it, they don't get orange juice. They are deprived of allot of things you wouldn't think of. I know, it's hard to sympathize with a prisoner, but I do, it's the price you pay when you are in love..... *sigh*
Ever since I was kicked out of visitation early I've been super extra careful about what I wear. Today was no exception, although my tank top was a little questionable, but I figured since they didn't make me change I was good. Nope. Wrong. Grumpy eventually came to me and told me to keep it pulled up. Once again, my boobs are getting me into trouble. The thing that really bothered me was Grumpy wouldn't even look me in the eye. I actually thought that she was talking to the girl behind me. The other weird thing is that we've gotten used to the guards calling Eric up to the counter and telling him to tell me.... blah blah blah. Another example of "new guards, new rules". I ended up getting a little teary eyed over it. I feel like I'm being picked on a little, and I'm not sure why...... I was also exhausted, that was part of my problem. Jen and I drove straight from the Phoenix Airport to Safford and didn't get to bed until almost 2 am, and then got up at 5:45 to get ready. I'll sleep good tonight.
Visitation ended at the normal time, 3, and then we decided to go check out the shoe store. Jen packed five pairs of heels, where I only packed the one pair I owned, so of course she saw it necessary to go look for more. I found 3. That's just the shoes I bought.... Turns out Safford has a few really cute boutiques in their Downtown. I've added, yet another inch to my height with a pair of these "stripper heels".....
We will see if I break my neck walking in them tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment