Friday, July 1, 2011

Leaving Town Again.....

Holy Hospitality. I must still be in Montana.
Happy Fourth of July weekend everyone! I hope you all have fun plans with family and friends. I am currently high in the sky above the mountains of Montana, headed back to see my prisoner.
When I arrived at the airport, I immediately noticed that my flight leaving Missoula was already delayed an hour. This wouldn't work. Originally, I only had 45 minutes to make my connecting flight in Denver. When I got to the counter, I told the girl, Kristin, my 'dilemma'. I was very nice and told her that I didn't blame her, but, was there any other option. I was starting to lose hope. Of COURSE THIS WOULD HAPPEN. No, stay positive, Kristal. What happened next was borderline amazing (to me, at least), not only did she find me another flight, which left earlier, which meant I didn't have to sit in the Missoula International Airport and wait around AT ALL, BUT I would also be arriving in Phoenix an hour earlier.
I think I have really good Karma. This is great news. Now I'll be able to pick up the rental car, hopefully before my friend Jen arrives, giving us an earlier start to Safford.
So, I went through security. I have to say, they've gotten a little 'loose' with their rules. My sister tried to scare me, when I told her that I didn't put any of my liquids in a baggie like you're supposed to. She tried to convince me that it would be taken away. NOPE. They looked at it and said it was fine. I did have to have my bag searched. They pulled out my 'prison purse' full of quarters. I told security that there was a story behind it and left it at that, he just laughed and shook his head. I'm sure he took one look at me and put two and two together, "prison fluzey". Yep, that's me, I like to hook up with prisoners. I carry around bags of quarters, just in case.
After security, I climbed the stairs..... I swear, we have the only airport in the world, where you have to climb a flight of stairs.... I got to the Delta gate right as they were closing, just in the nick of time. I was not only given the option of window or aisle seat, but I got the whole row. So I am currently playing my own version of musical chairs. I'm sitting by the window for takeoff. Oh, AND, I'm in an exit row. So here I am, enjoying the lap of luxury on a Delta flight. Four seats, one aisle, two windows, extra leg room and the best part.... Free snacks and drinks. I must not be on an Allegiant flight. I feel like I'm in first class. I did ask the flight attendant if I was responsible for both exit doors, since i was the only person in this aisle, and she said I could pick one......
Choices Choices.
Okay back to editing. I just finished a tour group that guides African cycle safaris, and now I'm headed to Turkey! Check out the website! www.avidtrips.com
K

No comments:

Post a Comment