Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Girl Time.
This is a serious social event where you get together with your lady friends and catch up, usually over a bottle of wine. With my two friends, Jess and Rachel, it was over SEVERAL bottles of wine.
Yes, this morning I have a bit of a headache, but definitely one I can tolerate, making last nights gossip session totally worth the tiny bit of suffering which may happen for part of the day. I'm a bad drinker, because I don't keep any sort of headache medicine in my cupboards, so it's just suffering for a little while, I guess.
So I told each one of them to bring a bottle of wine, not expecting that they'd each bring two. Thank god we started early. Over dinner (we'll call it "blackened pizza" - lol) and drinks we discussed everything, from what's been happening lately to reminiscing about our college years. Ironically, both of my friends are currently engaged. They aren't the only ones either? Why is it the year I get a divorce, everyone else is thinking about marriage? I think it has something to do with the fact that I got married WAY too young and now (when we are in our late 20's early 30's) is the NORMAL time to be thinking about "settling down".
Rachel is getting married! This weekend! How exciting is that? I love weddings and this will be the only one I am attending this summer, so of course I'm stoked. Hopefully I wont bawl during the ceremony, but if I do, I do. They'll be happy tears, not the "self loathing" tears that I despise. I'm hoping those tears go away eventually. AND there is good news concerning that matter. The self loathing tears usually come out after a few glasses of wine, not last night. Nope. I feel good about that. It's a sign that a few drinks with your friends can be good for the soul.
The only thing I want to take back is the VERY HONEST e-mail I decided to send Eric at one in the morning. LOL I'll spare you......

No comments:

Post a Comment