Monday, August 1, 2011

There are two things, well three really, that a year ago I didn't even know existed and now they are my biggest enemy... The yellow line and the beep, two beeps...... Are they prison related? Of course, and maybe I've talked about them before, but the beep really upset me yesterday and got me thinking a little. What's the beep? Well, let me tell you, it's the one minute warning that the phone is going to hang up when I'm talking to Eric. There's also a thirty second warning, which is also annoying, but I think, for me, it's the fact that we are limited to the amount of time we are allowed to talk. Just give me one night where he can just talk to me until I fall asleep. Is that too much to ask for? I guess so. Then there is that crappy yellow line that the prisoners aren't supposed to cross when in visitation. It's total shit. They aren't allowed to go to the vending machines or the microwaves. What the hell? I just have a beef with this, that's all and last night when the phone beeped, I said something to Eric about how I hated the beep as much as the yellow line. He responded by reminding me of an e-mail awhile back where I told him I couldn't wait until we could cross the yellow line together and how much that meant to him.... I almost burst into tears for some reason. I was sad. It still comes and goes and that annoys me, so I wrote to Eric.... "Did you hear the sadness in my voice? The phone hung up and I just burst into tears. That stupid effing yellow line. I wonder what the point of it is? I mean besides stripping away your dignity and making you feel like less worthy. What the fuck? It just pisses me off. The short phone calls piss me off. The fact that I can't call you pisses me off. How did I suddenly become pissed off? I was sad a minute ago. Now I'm laughing at myself for being such a ridiculous emotional mess. What's going on here?" And this was his response: "Kris, I can always tell if you have sadness in your voice. It kills me. I have a hard time not being able to fix this problem. I want to tell you that I will do anything. I will come home right now and be with you tonight, hold you and tell you how much I love you and appreciate you. Tell you how much you mean to me. Tell you everything is going to be alright. Well I can do some of those things. Everything is going to be alright Kristal. We know what we want. To be together. We can make that happen. Our future is already in motion. Every day brings me closer to you. I hope you have a good day today. I know its Monday but I want you to enjoy today. Be in the moment. Don't worry about yesterday, or tomorrow. Just celebrate the things you have today. Your ponies love you (he's referring to my cats). Your Shelbster loves your. Your fam loves you. In the end its the only thing that ever mattered." Now tell me you aren't in love with this prisoner??? Just kidding, there isn't enough of him to go around, but I couldn't help but share this. I got his e-mail and instantly a flip was switched. I went on a ten mile run and now I am back on track. That's all I need. My "words of wisdom" via prisoner and running :) Happy Monday Ya'll! My August resolution is to find something interesting in my life daily? weekly? to write about. Suggestions welcome, I know everyone doesn't want to hear about the prisoner ALL THE TIME....

No comments:

Post a Comment