Thursday, May 26, 2011

Peekaboo Trailhead

That's where I'm currently sitting. Somewhere on Highway 89 (I think). I'm relatively close to the Grand Canyon. I've gotten a little stir crazy with all the sitting and I had to stop and get in at least a short run. It was kind of fun. I think this is an ATV trail system and it's all sand, so definitely a workout.

Let's see. What have I been pondering over today? It's really weird for me to go a full 24 hours without hardly speaking. I know that shocks some of you, but I realized during my run that I've only said a few words to the people working at the gas stations that I've stopped at. I actually started to talk to myself a little on my run. Sound crazy? Didn't I already tell you that I'm completely okay with that? I think that sometimes you need to remind yourself just what your working towards.

Kristal, you are awesome.

In the Yoga class I'm taking, the instructor is constantly talking about our intention. What is our intention for our practice? Why are we doing it? Why do we put ourselves through blood, sweat and tears, day in and day out? Maybe its just me, but I sometimes sit amongst my own turmoil. Do I keep doing what I'm doing? Does it make me happy? What's my life's purpose? These are some of my own personal questions I'm seeking out. I'm on some sort of quest for personal growth.

Something else I was thinking about. First and foremost, I am shocked by the amount of feedback from both my friends and my family over this blog. Thank you! I love it, whether it be via, Facebook, text or e-mail. It's awesome and it inspires me to keep writing. I'm just going to throw this out there, and some of you know, but one of my dreams is to become a published author. Now how do I put my passion to good use? I was listening to David Ramsey, he's a financial advisor of sorts, and I usually listen to him to make myself feel better. He's always talking to people who are in serious debt and honestly, it makes me feel like I'm not such a failure in life, but during the show I was listening to today he was talking to a guy who had lost his job. He was telling David that he "didn't know what he wanted to do when he grew up." David's response was, "What makes you happy?"

I found myself asking, what makes me happy? I really enjoy talking about myself, that makes me happy, although I have learned that I annoy some of those closest to me & I've been working on listening as well as spilling all of my deepest thoughts and secrets. I also enjoy photography, but if you ask me how I got the picture, I couldn't tell you the technical side to it. I like to refer to myself as an ammature(sp?), self-taught photographer, who does it for pure enjoyment and for no other good reason. I'm sure I don't know how to use half of my cameras functions, but I love it and that's all that matters...

It's gotten really windy, so I'm going to get back in the car and head down the road. I'm hoping to maybe, MAYBE, make it to Sun City tonight. It's still 5 hours (or more) away, but the idea of sleeping in a familiar bed and actually getting a good nights sleep is intriguing. We will see.

More coffee please? I'm starting to miss the convenience of little coffee stands on every corner. They don't exist here in Southern Utah! At least not on the highway :(

K

No comments:

Post a Comment