Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I'm 30 plus a day. :) And I'm okay with that.

Gosh. Wow. I really need to catch up on things.... Let's see, let's see. I'm currently sitting in my room at TI (Treasure Island for those of you who don't know Las Vegas terminology). I feel the need to type fast because I really want to head over to the Cosmo, where my friend Rachel is with part of her crew.

This is going to be a wild weekend. I can just feel it in the air.

30 years ago, yesterday, I was born. EEEEEKKKKKKK. I honestly never thought I'd hit this ripe old age. It use to be the scariest of numbers. Thirty. Yikes! No no no! Make it stop! Make it go away. But I'm coming to terms with it. 30 years young. And what better way to celebrate then with a day at Disneyland? I cannot think of anything better. That's exactly what I (we) did. My high school friend, Memri, was all about D-land when I brought it up several months ago. She's a military wife and mother of three kids, residing in good old Camp Pendleton, California. I actually spent some time with her and her three adorable little clones on Tuesday afternoon. My god. Kids like that make me want a family. They were great. Jonas, the youngest, was the best. Wow that boy had some energy. I was really quite impressed that he knew my name right off the bat and was showing off a little while we ate lunch. We headed to Trader Joes after that, where he got a child's sized shopping cart that had a little flag that said "customer in training" or something like that. He proceeded to push it in circles and run up and down the isles as his mother tried to calm him down, while I laughed. Oh my god! This child is absolutely insane. I love it. I want one.

Don't worry, no crazy ideas here. There is no possible way I will be having any children any time soon, although the thought has crossed my mind to adopt an african baby. We all have those thoughts.... right?

I have to mention Memris other two kids, because they were great as well, Sadi and Kami. Yes, little blonde spawns of their mother. Adorable, I believe one is 8 and one is 9. I forgot to mention Jonas.... He's 4??? 3 or 4. All three of them have the blondest hair you've ever seen. Gosh, now I'm getting their names mixed up. Memri, if you are reading this, please correct me if I'm wrong. Sadie, the older sister, is very fashionable. Wearing a cute California girl dress. She kept grabbing my hand. I think she was in awe of this weird friend of Memris. I was fine with that. She can hold my hand. It was sweet. Kami is the younger one, the tomboy. I'm guessing she's a daddy's girl. Both, such cute cute little girls. She's got a great family, she's blessed. I can't help but be a little envious of them, but I know that I will have a family some day. Now just is not the time.

So we spent the day in Disneyland, just Memri and I. The big girls. It was a blast. Memri has been there enough to know the ins and outs of the whole park, so we went from one good ride to the next, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, I'm forgetting the names of shit....., The Indiana Jones ride, It's a Small World (for the fun of it...lol), Pirates of the Caribbean, there were a bunch. We hit them all, laughing and screaming the whole time.

Oh.... I almost forgot the best part of the trip! Since it was my birthday, I got to wear a sweet "It's my birthday" button with my name on it. We really should have been keeping count. I had people wishing me a happy birthday all day long. It was great. One that sticks out from the rest was from the D-land employee working the Tower of Terror ride. He gives us a little spiel on the ride, and at the end he says my name with a pause. When I looked up he said happy birthday and asked what I wished for. My response, of course, was to not be thirty. No body laughed. It was weird. LOL I laughed. Memri thought it was funny, although she was trembling in fear of the ride..... As the door closed, he saids, "Wish for something else."

Creepy. lol

It was great. So great. Memri and I also proceeded to eat our way through Disneyland. Let's see, let me make a list:

1. Clam Chowder/ bread bowls. Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god. HEAVEN 2. Root Beer Floats 3. Sour Balls. The sourest we had ever had..... That's what she said.... 4. 4 pm "caffein pick me up", I had a double latte, while Memri had a Coke Zero 5. We also had to have a rice crispy treat with white chocolate on top to accompany the beverages.... 6. Cheeseburgers and fries... 7. And Dessert! Churros.

HEAVEN

I referred to us as Heffers, but we figured we walked AT LEAST twenty miles, so what's a little food...... lolololol. You can burn calories screaming too, right? lol

We spent the entire day there. It was good. I have to say I was a little skeptical of staying until 8 pm for the light show in the California Adventure Park, Holy Shit. It was worth it. Beautiful and colorful. Pure happiness for this girl. I don't even get an experience like that when I go to Target. It was THAT GOOD!

I did get entirely too much love from friends and family yesterday too. I feel SOOOOOOOOOOO loved. I couldn't believe my Facebook page. My god. Thank you for that, everyone. My first phone call of the day was from Eric's Mom and my last was from Eric. What a well rounded birthday. I'll take it. My dad even sang to me on a voicemail. Oh, and so did Goofy. Goofy sang me Happy Birthday. Who's jealous????

After fighting the chaos of everyone leaving the park at the same time, Memri pulled a "Kristal" and got on the highway heading in the wrong direction. Thank god I'm not the only one. See? I knew I was normal!!!! She finally dropped me off at my car around 11 pm. We hugged goodbye. I'll be seeing her in about a month when she comes to MT for her birthday. This is your first reminder MEM! YOU TURN 30 SOON! You can't run away!

I've told a few of you already, but the best part of my birthday was spending the day with my friend. We haven't spent more than a few hours together since high school, so this was great. I think she would agree that nothing has changed with our friendship since then, except now we are a little older, wiser, maybe a little more responsible (that's me.... she's mormon, she's ALWAYS been responsible). It was a bitter sweet moment, saying goodbye. I'm hoping we will make more memories in the future, but you never know. Life gets busy. I do think we are planning on running the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Vegas together this next December. It's a DATE!

When I got "home" aka "Andrea and Brandon's house", I found a gift, a card and a cupcake sitting on the table waiting for me. I'll be honest, I cried a little. She's so thoughtful. Letting me stay at her house was enough. It's the little things, like Memri going to Disneyland with me on my birthday and Andrea buying me a gift, that make me REALLY appreciate my friends. I'm one lucky girl. I talked to another friend today on the phone for an hour and a half and when I was done, I was thinking, how did I get so lucky? Why do I deserve so many wonderful people in my life? I love it. I must have done something right....???

Enough with the seriousness. I'm in VEGAS for gods sake!

See you on the flip side!!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment