Sunday, June 26, 2011

Writer's Block?

That's what it feels like. I find myself with nothing to say or at least nothing that I think would sound interesting to anyone else. I'm trying to figure out why I feel this way and I think I might be on to something. In the beginning, I was writing to a few friends and some family, hoping for a little understanding of where I'm coming from. Well, now it's changed a little. I have had so many people, including some of you who I never in a million years thought would read this, who are really enjoying what I have to say and want more.
Now what? Maybe I'm afraid that I'll lose your interest eventually? Maybe my big dream of writing a book is getting a little closer and I'm afraid of succeeding? Maybe I'm over thinking all of this? Probably. Either way, I swear to god I'm trying to write more.. :) Honestly, the easiest way to find out if I've posted something is to "follow" me, then it goes straight to your e-mail.
So, let's see. I had an interesting job offer just land in my lap this week. It's sort of funny and ironic, really. I've been reading all these self help books lately. I'll go ahead and give them a shout out, one is "Unlimited" by the one and only Jillian Michaels and the other is "Awaken the Giant Within" by Tony Robbins. So, one of the themes in both of these books is to throw out into the universe EXACTLY what you want and start believing that it will happen. I've been thinking allot about this. What do I want? What will truly make me happy? I'm starting to figure out the things that make me happy, and some of them are totally random. Here's my current list from "The Happy Book" (thanks Andrea!!!!)
My cell mate, my finger nails, taking photos of myself (vain, yes, but this is a new thing I'm trying), photos of things I find beautiful, my lip piercing, the idea of getting a tattoo someday (sorry Dad), my toes, my ipad (best impulse buy this year!), running, swimming, yoga, my dog, my dad's crazy laugh that I inherited, my sister, special olympics, LBC (that's my cat, Little Black Cat, original, I know...), the woods, laughter, a good book, the sound of rain, thunder, the smell of rain, good sex (sorry mom, EARMUFFS), true love, music, sunsets, singing in the shower (or the car), rainbows, fresh flowers, picnics, sleeping in, cuddling, good company, "blingy" jewelry, dresses, bright colors, nachos, pizza, cheese, eggs benedict, hot springs, cheesecake, putting clothes on my dog, fancy hotel rooms, shooting stars, trampolines, cool Ipad apps, sexy lingerie, snail mail, coffee, camping, writing, traveling....... You get the idea, the list goes on and on.
It's amazing how many things make you happy when you just think about it... So back to where I was, what do I want? I figured out what really makes me happy. I love traveling and I'm starting to realize just how much I love to write. So, I guess I've been sort of talking to myself. How do I get that? How do I make a living from traveling and writing. I think I found the start to that path. My friend Mel calls me a few days ago and she works with somebody who is affiliated with the company Avidtrips.com. You've probably never heard of it, but have you heard of Tripadvisor.com? It's the same idea. Basically, you can go to this website and search through hundreds of guided trips all over the world. The trip descriptions are sent in by the tour companies and they need to be edited before going live on the website. Avid Trips is still in it's beginning stages and they have become overwhelmed with trips being sent in that need edited, that's where I come in. I've been asked join in with the editing.
Seriously. Landed in my lap. It doesn't pay much, but it's pretty exciting, I was stoked to even be considered. When I talked to "the man" (he doesn't know I blog, so I don't want to use his name yet :) about the job, he said, "don't think about the pay, think about it as an opportunity."
He's right. A GIGANTIC opportunity. We will see where it takes me...... I'll keep you posted.. Get it?
K

No comments:

Post a Comment