Friday, June 10, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

My God!

I'm sorry fellow followers, but the past few days have been chaotic, from Vegas, to Monterey and now back in Arizona, I've been busy. Let me see, where should I start?

I guess it's best to start where I left off. Vegas.

So T had rolled in at 6 am, which left me alone and awake at 8 am after my own "exciting night" of going to bed before midnight. Call me lame if you want, but I've experienced my own all nighters in Vegas, one in particular that involved a missing bra, and a cab ride from strangers after walking for what seemed like hours, probably in the wrong direction. Honestly, I'm over it, and I'm now 30. Time to grow up. Actually, the honest truth is that I got two hours of sleep the night before & I just didn't want to keep myself up by drinking red bulls and rockstars until my heart stopped. Teryn can contest to that, that's EXACTLY what she did and she didn't feel normal for several days....

I made my way down to the poolside restaurant and ate breakfast, then went to Walgreens, only to immediately notice that I had forgotten my keyboard at the restaurant. I had to book it back there, where it was safely kept by one of the waiters, then I went all the way BACK to Walgreens only to discover that the whole reason I went there in the first place, to print photos, was no longer available. I guess they weren't making enough money with the photo shop, and they are currently putting in a liquor store. NICE.

I obviously don't belong here.

What to do, what to do? My roommate needed some sleep, so I headed to the pool to wait for Mr. Eric to call me. We had made a poolside phone date. Nerdy? I don't care. You do what you have to when the one you love can't be there with you. I made a friend while I was sitting there, Jessie, from New Jersey. Apparently, I was the first person from Montana she had ever met. I was exotic to her. lol Turns out she was waiting for her boyfriend to call too.. I didn't get the chance to share my WHOLE story with her because Eric called, and then Teryn called. IT'S ALIVE, so I headed back to the room with the enormous bloody mary I had "accidentally" ordered. I guess poolside large and normal everyday real world large are two completely different things, because this drink was ENORMOUS. What they should have said was, "would you like a cup, pint, or half gallon?" That, I would have understood.

MY GOD, you get your moneys worth.

So I headed back to our room with my overly large beverage only to find Teryn still in bed, with a raspy voice. You know it's a good night when you loose your voice. She had fun. She made it home safe, that's all that matters. I had to woo her out of bed, so we started with the bloody mary, nothing better than the "hair of the dog" when your hungover. I know, it's not your healthiest option, but when you are hungover in Vegas and you still are there for one more night, the best thing to do is to push through.

Mom. If you are reading this, stop. I know you don't like hearing about my drinking, and I haven't done much this trip, but this day I took it too a whole new level. I'm sorry. Jump to the next blog :)

That's out of the way, so, at some point, (we are still in our very messy room) we discover that we ended up with one of the bottles of champagne from the day before. Let's crack that open! This is when we have our heart to heart, which was good. I think the most fun I had that day was sitting by our window in our room and talking about life, which is exactly what we did. I'm sure if we had been on camera we would have looked ridiculous, but it was just the two of us, kind of grounding our roots, getting back to the way we were. Teryn and I have had completely different lifestyles the past ten years, but we have remained friends and I know we both care about one another. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through these "beatings" with her, but I always come out of it learning something. She's irreplaceable on so many levels. She will always tell me how she feels about things, especially if it has to do with what I'm doing in my life. It's painful to hear, but I'll give her this.... 50% of the time she's right and either way, she always keeps me questioning my decisions, which can occasionally be a good thing....

I still haven't figured out what I want to do with my life, but I think that's okay... right?

We finish the bottle and decide it's time to go meet the girls, I think it was 3 pm by now. Slow moving? lol We make it down stairs and head to Starbucks for cups and ice, hit up the little store for more champagne and some orange juice and then very slyly (not really) fill our drinks up in the bathroom. I know, I'm nothing but a classy b*tch when I'm in Vegas, but seriously, it's so much cheaper than buying drinks at the pool. You have to be sneaky. I think I'm pretty smart, really.

We FINALLY make it to the Cosmo, after an interesting ride with a taxi driver that we were fairly certain couldn't speak much English. We were throwing questions at him left and right, "has anyone tried to have sex in your car?" "What's the scariest thing that has happened?" Stuff like that, just kept shrugging and laughing. Yep. No speak the english.

When we got to the Bamboo Pool (a different one from the day before) it was shaded and everyone was moving to the other pool. Okay. At that point. I'm not sure what happened, but we were at the other pool and the rest of the gang decided they were tired, so Teryn and I were alone. This is when I decided that spending money on expensive drinks was a good idea.

I started talking to a girl sitting at the bar, Nikoletta, who, ironically, was there for her thirtieth birthday, which was the day after mine. I instantly thought that we needed to be best friends, and I'm pretty sure I offended her by going off about Jersey Shore when she told me that was where she was from, I don't remember. What I do remember is meeting her friend Willow, who's number I now have in my phone, and bonding with her while she charged her iphone in some hallway by the pool. That's where I decided I needed a nap and started to pass out on a chair, but was rudely awoken by somebody who worked there. I guess you can nap by the pool, but not in the hallway. Shit show. I'm glad there was nobody around to witness this.

I was tired. This is how I get when I drink too much during the day. I made my way back to the pool, which was basically empty, and laid down in one of the chairs. I guess this must have been when I was taking pictures of myself with my phone. I discovered those a few days later. DELETE. lol I might have fallen asleep, I don't know, but I got a jolt of energy and didn't see Teryn (she was talking with the girls we had met), so I decided that I needed to be entertained. I found the closest people I could and headed over.

Meet Ru and Chris. They are from London, and in Vegas for work. They work for a company like Travelocity (I think) and travel around figuring out the best places to travel, where they might need to offer cheaper tickets in order to persuade customers to go to these destinations. Chris explained the whole thing to me, but, in the state I was in.... What I got was that they bought and sold hotel rooms. I know I'm going to fuck this up, so that's all I'm going to say. Ru and I are now Facebook friends and I don't want him to laugh at me if he ever sees this. Sorry!

So, Chris had a meeting, and Ru had no one to hang out with, so the three of us (me, Teryn and Ru) went to my favorite place in Vegas. MARGARITAVILLE. Nachos Nachos Nachos. I should have foreseen that this was a VERY VERY bad idea, but I didn't care. I don't think I ate anything since breakfast and all I could think about were the nachos. And so nachos I ate. Chris eventually showed up, we had a few drinks and decided to call it a night. Thank god these guys were in Vegas for work, because we probably would have looked incredibly lame otherwise. We had to walk back to the Cosmo with them because I had managed to leave my phone in Ru's room. It was on the walk back that I started to feel very VERY sick. Not only did I feel like throwing up, I decided to talk about it, and in turn, made Teryn sick. The nachos were a bad idea. We got back to Ru's room and I immediately had to vomit in his bathroom. Thank god I wasn't trying to impress this guy, although he did invite both myself and my dog to come live in his flat in London. Intriguing. It's nice to always have options.

I received a text from Ru a few days later. He complimented me on my cleanliness, saying that not many people leave a toilet as clean as I did after vomiting. He also told me that he was charged $120.00 for a bunch of stuff I had been "playing" with. The Cosmo is weird, there are all these things teasing you to look at, but there are sensors underneath, so when you pick it up, your room is instantly charged. I couldn't help it if I was intrigued by the binoculars. They give you binoculars in your room? Who is the creep that is going to use these to spy on people? (I might, lol) There was also a sex kit. I was JUST LOOKING AT IT, okay. It was funny because the kit was in a box with a picture of a screw on it. Get it? lol I had to take a closer look, and inspect it, I was curious. That's all!

I want you all to know, I did offer to pay Ru back. He had warned me not to touch anything. I guess when he told the hotel peeps that he didn't actually use any of the stuff, they asked if he had shared his room with anyone. His response was, "no, I just had some girls up for about an hour." I guess the receptionist looked at him like he had had some prostitutes in his room, but eventually refunded his money. I did inform Ru, that Teryn and I were not prostitutes.

His response, "If you were hookers, you were not very good at your job."

The moral of the story...... There is no morals when you go to Vegas ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment